I still get amazed to see that people read what I write, let alone occasionally like and even less occasionally, comment. So, to be nominated for an award was not something I expected. I don’t follow many blogs. I confess, I usually come across other blogs when someone has found and liked a post of mine and then I go and have a look at who that person was and follow if I like what I see. Anyway, recently participating in (but yet to complete) Writing 101 has exposed me to so many amazing bloggers and I feel a little more connected to others in this virtual community. One such blogger I recently came across is lone . who gave me the nomination and asked ten questions. Thanks lone .!
I am meant to nominate 10 bloggers, but am limited by the fact I don’t follow all that many, and that not all the blogs I follow meet the < 200 followers criteria. So….out of the ones that do fit, I nominate the following, and not just because you fit the criteria, but because I already thought your blog was great when I started following:
Check out the “Note to Nominees” at the bottom.
And now to answer the 10 questions:
1. What is your favorite book and why?
Right now, Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown, pictures by Clement Hurd. It is a book I read to my baby every night. I lie. It is a book i recite to my baby every night, while turning pages when his strong little fingers allow me to. There is something about the words, perhaps the cadence of my reading and the sound effects I throw in for the cow, the kittens, the telephone etc that calms him and lets him know that sleep time is near. I love it because it works a spell on him!
2. Your favorite place in the world would be?
Aside from my home, with my little family, Olkhon Island, in Siberia. An incredible place, which I wrote about in this post.
3. If you were stranded on an island and could bring one thing what would it be?
Taking it literally to mean “thing” and not “person” I’d take a box of matches. Handy until I have worked out how to light fires with twigs or whatever it is that boy (and girl) scouts do. It would help me cook, stay warm and alert people to my being stranded if I got tired of being there alone.
4. The perfect date?
Date? that is a distant memory for me. Nowadays, just A DATE would be great! recent outing that could maybe be counted as a date was a visit to a hardware store with my partner to buy bits an pieces to build a toy for our son’s 1st birthday gift. It will be a board mounted with taps, a door knob that swivels, a wheel, a light switch and other fun things that will amuse him. I guess that “date” was perfect because we both had lots of fun and were doing something creative together.
5. If you could visit any time in the past where would you go?
I would love to be the baby me, and relive a day of being carefree and finding wonder in everything.
6. A movie that describes your life?
Maybe Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain no, not really, but I love that film and she is one of my all time favourite film characters and I’d like to be a little more like her.
7. The nicest deed you’ve ever done?
Bought my dad a return ticket to Ethiopia, to make the trip there with me. It was my first time back, 26 years after I had left as a 6 year old. In some ways, it was a nice deed to myself too, because having him there allowed me to see a different side to him.
8. Do you like stargazing?
9. Your spirit animal?
Amelie Poulain? haha. Um, I don’t know. I’d like to say a bird- any kind of bird. Well, before completing this answer, I took an online quiz (because that is the best way to find yourself) and apparently my spirit animal is a hummingbird! It is fairly spot on actually, so there it is- my spirit animal is a hummingbird 🙂
10. You’re happiest when?
I have the right balance of work, rest, play. Also when the air temperature is 24degC.
Note to Nominees
Liebster Award Rules
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
My 10 questions to you:
1. What does the following imagery evoke for you? Candlelight, a bottle of wine and soft music…
2. Describe your home in the words a real estate agent would use.
3. If you were to change your name, what name would you choose?
4. When do you most feel like you are being your true self?
5. Why do you blog? If that answer is somewhere within your blog, just provide a link to that post.
6. Which post are you happiest with? Include a link.
7. Finish this sentence “Today was the greatest day in the history of humankind. Today being the day that all…”
8. Who has been the greatest influence in your life, and in what way?
9. What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?
10. Suggest a prompt for a short story (I’ll take up the challenge).
5 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Thanks Nikki. I love your blog- inspiring words to other writers and great poetry!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi 1000 Hours Left,
You liked a comment I made on A Journey With You’s blog, and I came over to say thank you and introduce myself.
In response to your post, congratulations on being nominated for the Liebster Award. My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Janice, thanks for visiting! Rebecca’s blog is amazing- so prolific but always well written and with an interesting angle on her subject matter. I haven’t read To Kill a Mockingbird but I know it’s the fave of many people. Have you read Ms Lee’s recent book? I have checked out your blog ages ago following the trail of a comment on AB Mood’s blog, but I’ll ho back and see what you’ve been doing since. 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi, thank you for writing. No, I have not read Lee’s latest book, I do not plan to. I feel she was forced into it by a relative. Also, there is no way she could top herself. Mockingbird spend 40 weeks in the number one spot on the bestseller list. You can’t do better than that. I will look forward to your return visit.
LikeLiked by 1 person